Connecting Universities and local governments to implement urban agendas
- Project Start Date: 01/09/2023
- Project total Duration: 24 months
- Project End Date: 31/08/2025
- Project lump sum 250.000,00 €
- UNIVERSIDAD DE GRANADA (Spain) www.ugr.es
- Agrupación de Profesionales para el Desarrollo Internacional APDI (Spain) www.apdigroup.com
- Communauté d’universités et établissements “HESAM UNIVERSITE» (France) www.hesam.eu
- UNIVERSIDADE DE AVEIRO (Portugal) www.ua.pt
- UNIVERSITAET GRAZ (Austria) www.uni-graz.at
- TIBER UMBRIA COMETT EDUCATION PROGRAMME (Italia) www.tucep.org
Objectives: What do you want to achieve by implementing the project?
The Urban Imprint project seeks to connect universities with their environment, through municipalities, in order to establish a science-policy dialogue that helps to address the challenges set out in the urban agendas, particularly in the field of digital transformation and climate change. We will promote the interconnection of universities and municipalities; share international good practices; pilot different ways to connect universities to municipalities; offer guidelines and recommendations.
Implementation: What activities are you going to implement?
The activities have been described in each of the WPs:
- Project Management through a Steering Committee, a Project Coordinator and an Advisory Board.
- Exhibition of good practices on knowledge transfer by a participatory digital platform.
- Piloting by each stakeholder to test specific methodologies.
- Develop a toolkit and policy recommendations for both universities and public government institutions – Dissemination of the project and its results, reaching a widely target audience.
Results: What project results and other outcomes do you expect your project to have?
- For universities, fostering their potential as a facilitators of social change and public innovation.
- For public institutions, improving their services and methodologies, applying new technologies and innovative approaches that will make them more efficient.
- For citizens, will be able to participate in the development of solutions to local-global challenges, taking advantage of academic knowledge and collaboration between institutions.